My lessons are designed to help puppy parents introduce their pups to all they’ll need to know to develop happy, mannerly, well-socialized adult dogs and to make the most of each pup’s potential. my approach is gentle, effective, enjoyable, and designed to be daily mastered by all members of the family, youngsters included. training is decidedly “dog-friendly in its endeavor to teach young pups not only what we want them to do, but to want to do what we want. the puppy course is divided into two parts to most effectively meet your goals. some of the topics addressed in my private lessons and group classes for puppies are:
- How to prevent and resolve common puppy issues like nipping, inappropriate chewing, excessive barking, and jumping up.
- Teaching your puppy to sit, down, stand, stay, come when called, and leash manners (preventing sidewalk vacuuming, pulling, and putting on the brakes!)
- Impulse control (leave it, wait, manners at doorways and when food is placed on tables and counters, settle down, etc.).
- Aggression, fear and anxiety prevention.
- Trainer moderated play groups for socialization and fun!